Recently the CRA released detailed guidance on the home office expenses deduction that employees may claim on their 2020 personal income tax return (T1) due to COVID-19. The COVID-19 specific guidance has made the home office expenses deduction available to more Canadians and simplified the way eligible employees can claim these expenses.
On January 28th, at 2PM, Welch LLP Partner Christa Casey and Senior Manager Jessica Zhang-Chapman will cover the details you need to know to be ready to deal with the relevant sections on your 2020 T1.
|View the webinar|
- Eligibility: who can claim
- Two available methods and how they work:
- Temporary flat rate method;
- Detailed method
- How to claim home office expenses on your personal tax return
- Employer-provided benefits and allowances in the Covid-19 context (home office equipment, commuting costs including parking, etc.)