Location: Ottawa, Ontario • Category: Full-time, Permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for an Accounting Technician for the Ottawa office who will primarily focus on providing bookkeeping and accounting services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completion of notice to reader engagements and T2s.
- Completion of personal tax returns.
- Perform reconciliations of bank accounts, investments, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Preparation of regular external filings such as HST, WSIB, and payroll, and completion of routine account analysis and bookkeeping tasks following established processes.
- Supervised preparation and review of working paper files, financial statements and income tax returns for compilation engagements.
- Identifying issues and errors, investigating discrepancies, discussing with managers, and developing solutions to resolve the errors.
- Responding to requests and correcting errors identified by managers, senior managers, associates or partners in a timely manner.
- Effective communication with our clients, partners, and staff.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of practical, comprehensive bookkeeping and accounting experience. Demonstrated experience performing reconciliations (bank accounts, A/P and A/R, investments) is required.
- Experience with compilation engagements, T1s, and T2s, is considered a strong asset.
- Completion of post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Experience using QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, CaseWare, and/or TaxPrep programs.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- High attention to detail.
- Previous experience working in a public accounting firm is considered a strong asset.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume, to email@example.com with subject line “Accounting Technician”.
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.