Location: Ottawa, ON • Category: Full-time, Permanent
Our client, Toth Equity Limited, is looking for a Bookkeeper/Accountant with previous accounting experience to join their team. The ideal candidate will be highly computer literate, detail-oriented, and highly organized. Preferred working hours are 9:00am-5:30pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full cycle of accounts receivable and accounts payable, including reconciliation
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Prepare and process month-end financial journal entries and reports
- Research discrepancies and process appropriate adjustments
- Analyze financial data, accounts, and adjustments for processing monthly closing
- Bank reconciliation
- Monthly government remittance, including payroll, HST, and corporate remittances
- Prepare various financial reports
- Prepare expense reports when required
- Assist in coordinating and preparing for internal and/or external audits
- Process bi-weekly payroll using Paymate software
- Annual T4 and EHT reporting
- Schedule owner’s investment accounts for the year
- Monitor the company computer network and work with our external computer technicians to maintain proper functionality
- Perform special projects and other duties and required
- Minimum of three (3) years of bookkeeping/accounting experience
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Experience with Yardi Genesis Property Management software would be a strong asset
- Exceptional communication skills in English
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Toth Equity – Accountant”.
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.