Location: Toronto, ON • Category: Full-time Permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Bookkeeper/Enterprise Accountant for the Toronto office to handle a variety of accounting/bookkeeping tasks. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that builds on the strengths of every employee and promotes their professional and personal development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Bookkeeping and payroll services (onsite or offsite)
- Cash flow projection and management
- Preparation of HST returns and other regulatory requirements
- Design, implementation and preparation of management reports
- Support with banking, financing and investor relations
- Managing a group of enterprise clients, and general “hand-holding” to assist clients in growing their businesses
- Other accounting/bookkeeping tasks as required
- Minimum education at the community college level in Business Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in a full-cycle bookkeeping role, including payroll and payroll reporting
- Working knowledge of accounting software, such as QuickBooks, Sage, Simply Accounting, Xero, and Great Plains
- Ability to effectively plan and organize to achieve results
- Aptitude for developing and maintaining good relationships with clients and staff
- Ability to handle a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner, working on multiple assignments with a high degree of autonomy over your work
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Bookkeeper/Enterprise Accountant”.
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.