Location: Ottawa, ON • Category: Full-time Permanent
Our client, a well-established car dealership, is looking for a Controller with excellent business acumen to be part of their executive management team. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a family operated company that truly values the contributions of its staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the owners with respect to business planning, spending, budgeting and forecasting, which includes:
- Proactively managing the company’s finances to ensure solid variance analysis throughout the year.
- Developing sound business models that enhance management’s ability to make business decisions to meet long term growth objectives.
- Identifying and communicating opportunities and risks as they arise.
- Ensure there are strong controls in place to protect the various company assets.
- Understand and oversee the complete accounting cycle, and ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of accountants and government agencies.
- Complete monthly financial reporting process including; financial statement, government remittances, employee compensation etc.
- Assume cash management responsibilities, including forecasting, liaising with financial institutions, car manufacturer, supplier, and clients.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA CA, CPA CMA or CPA CGA) would be considered an asset.
- 3-5 years of financial control and management reporting experience.
- Experience working in/with the automotive industry and its custom accounting software would be considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage time effectively, and prioritize responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Dealership Controller”
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.