Location: Ottawa, ON • Category: Full-time Permanent
Our client, the Otto’s Group of Companies (BMW and Subaru dealerships), is looking for a Controller with excellent business acumen to be part of their executive management team. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a family operated company that truly values the contributions of its staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the owners with respect to business planning, spending, budgeting and forecasting, which includes:
- Proactively managing the company’s finances to ensure solid variance analysis throughout the year.
- Developing sound business models that enhance management’s ability to make business decisions to meet long term growth objectives.
- Identifying and communicating opportunities and risks as they arise.
- Ensure there are strong controls in place to protect the various company assets.
- Understand and oversee the complete accounting cycle, and ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of accountants and government agencies.
- Complete monthly financial reporting process including; financial statement, government remittances, employee compensation etc.
- Assume cash management responsibilities, including forecasting, liaising with financial institutions, car manufacturer, supplier, and clients.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA CA, CPA CMA or CPA CGA) would be considered an asset.
- 3-5 years of financial control and management reporting experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage time effectively, and prioritize responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Dealership Controller.”
Welch LLP is recruiting on behalf of our client.
Our team welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.