Location: Ottawa, ON – Category: Temporary
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa almost 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 200 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for an E-filer/Printer who will be primarily responsible for printing and assembling tax returns for our T1 unit. The position is for the months of March (20-30 hours/week) and April (approximately 45 hours/week).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Printing, assembling, and returning a significant number of tax returns efficiently, subject to certain time constraints/deadlines
- E-filing a large volume of tax returns using Personal TaxPrep
- Coordinating workload with team members
- Updating internal T1 WIP software with returns
- Tracking initials and becoming familiar with tracking system
- Previous experience in clerical or administrative functions would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of office and administrative procedures
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Computer literate
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of and experience with Taxprep, Adobe, and MS Access would be considered an asset
- Good understanding of the nature of working within a public accounting firm would be considered an asset
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “E-filer/Printer.”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.