Location: Ottawa, ON – Category: Full-time Permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa almost 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 200 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
As the HR Generalist, you will provide day-to-day human resources support to staff and partners, while leading the recruitment efforts for both Client Service and Support positions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with HR Director and Partners regarding staffing requirements and carry out requests from start to finish;
- Source, screen, select candidates for interviews, and conduct interviews with various hiring managers;
- Oversee the preparation and delivery of Letters of Employment, and the full on-boarding process;
- Oversee all off-boarding activities, including exit interviews;
- Support the HR Director with analysis of various Firm metrics, such as staff utilization;
- Act as Resource Manager for staffing jobs when required;
- Primary lead on the Firm’s Performance Review & Goal Setting process;
- Assist the HR Director with the promotion process;
- Assist the HR Director in benchmarking salary data, and then leading the annual salary review and bonus process;
- Lead Human Resources Information System (HRIS) related initiatives and act as subject matter expert on the system;
- Respond to employee and partner requests/needs on a daily basis;
- Oversee the integrity of HRIS data in support of day-to-day operations, processing and reporting, and as it relates to dependent systems;
- Lead the Talent Management Committee and the various initiatives that arise as a result of meetings;
- Assist in the research, development and implementation of human resources initiatives as required;
- Support the Health and Safety committee where required;
- Coordinate all Wellness initiatives, with the support of the HR Assistant;
- Active member of the Disaster Recovery Committee;
- Support the Learning and Development Committee when required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Other duties may be required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of a diploma or degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or other related program;
- 4-5 years of solid experience in Human Resources, with a focus on Recruitment and Employee Relations;
- Experience working in a Professional Services setting would be extremely beneficial to your success.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel;
- Exceptional English written communication skills;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Ability to deal with multiple demands and priorities;
- Ability to build sound relationships both internally and externally;
- Demonstrates sound judgment and discretion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French would be an asset.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “HR Generalist.”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.