Location: Ottawa, ON • Category: Full-time, Permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for an Indirect Tax Specialist to join our Ottawa Tax Group. The successful candidate will work closely with Welch staff and clients on indirect tax matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare client GST/HST returns and compliance
- Review client GST/HST procedures for audit purposes
- Offer our clients commodity tax planning services and advice
- Communicate with CRA for audit support and indirect tax inquiries
- Research commodity tax issues and prepare correspondence
- Process indirect tax rebate claims
- CA, CPA designation
- Successful completion of the CPA Canada’s In-Depth HST/GST Course, or a desire to complete this course within the next two years
- Minimum of 1-2 years in a Commodity Tax position
- Excellent client service and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage conflicting demands and priorities
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to effectively conduct tax research
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume, to email@example.com with subject line “Indirect Tax Specialist”.
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.