Location: Ottawa • Category: Full-time, Permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa more than 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Manager for its growing Ottawa office. This particular role is ideal for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and wants to gain diverse experience. The unique responsibilities and opportunities afforded to this position make it a different and exciting prospect for an ambitious professional. You will be challenged with taking on increasingly important audit and accounting roles on client files in a variety of industries and business sectors. You will work closely will all members of your team including senior managers and partners.
Your primary tasks will include managing jobs and client portfolios in coordination with the engagement partners. This involves leading the engagements of reviews and audits in their entirety, including corporate taxes; the review of notice to readers, reviews, audits, and personal tax returns prepared by junior staff. You will be provided with the opportunity to manage the accounting jobs for a wide variety of clients as well as a team of staff in a fast-paced and fun environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the accounting, audit and tax service needs of a portfolio of small and medium-sized private clients across a range of industry sectors.
- Manage the engagement process from initial scheduling and planning through to client review and financial statement sign off.
- Meet with clients regarding financial statements, other business matters and engagement issues.
- Provide journal entry and account reconciliation guidance to clients.
- Support of personal and corporate tax filing for many of these clients.
- Discuss proposed time budgets with partners and assign engagement budgets to staff.
- Identify new business opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Manage a team of Staff Accountants.
- A minimum completion of University Degree with a specialization in Accounting.
- CPA, CA designation.
- A minimum of 3+ years of public accounting experience is required.
- The ability to provide value-added service to our clients.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, with an emphasis on audit knowledge and experience.
- Experience with Caseware and Taxprep.
- Strong understanding of a client-focused environment including related deadlines and the ability to work to meet those deadlines.
- Sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Manager”.
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.