Location: Ottawa, Ontario • Category: Full-time, Permanent
Choose Local, Choose Welch LLP
Welch LLP is ideal for professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Welch offers its employees invaluable prospects: possibility for growth and advancement; variety to explore different career paths; opportunity to specialize and deepen skills; and flexibility of work-life balance to enjoy family and personal interests.
Grounded in a values-led culture (care, impact, empower), Welch is focused on creating a diverse and inclusive environment, nurturing women in leadership, and supporting its surrounding communities. At Welch, we know our employees are our number one asset. It is our people that enables Welch LLP to be a firm like no other.
National Firm expertise, with the value and service of a small firm
Established in 1918, Welch evolved from a single office to the largest locally-owned and operated firm in the region. With 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec, Welch LLP has deeps roots in the communities it serves. Welch ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada and continues to grow.
Headquartered in Ottawa, the key to Welch’s success is continually evolving to meet the needs of its employees, clients and the marketplace. With a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
About the Opportunity
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Manager for its growing Ottawa office. This particular role is ideal for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and wants to gain diverse experience. The unique responsibilities and opportunities afforded to this position make it a different and exciting prospect for an ambitious professional. You will be challenged with taking on increasingly important audit, accounting, tax and advisory roles on client files. You will work closely will all members of your team including senior managers and partners.
Your primary tasks will include managing jobs and client portfolios in coordination with the engagement partners. This involves leading the engagements of reviews and audits in their entirety, including corporate taxes and the review of notice to reader files. You will be provided with the opportunity to manage the accounting jobs for a wide variety of clients as well as a team of staff in a fast-paced and fun environment. You will have the opportunity to support advisory assignments in areas such as internal controls, shareholder exit planning, accounting analysis and corporate finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the accounting, audit and tax service needs of a portfolio of international private and public clients
- Manage the engagement process from initial scheduling and planning through to client review and financial statement sign off.
- Meet with clients regarding financial statements, other business matters and engagement issues.
- Provide journal entry and account reconciliation guidance to clients.
- Support of personal and corporate tax filing for many of these clients.
- Discuss proposed time budgets with partners and assign engagement budgets to staff.
- Identify new business opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Manage a team of Accountants.
- A minimum completion of University Degree with a specialization in Accounting.
- CPA, CA designation.
- A minimum of 4 years of public accounting experience is required.
- A passion for client service with a proven track record of supporting client’s adherence to reporting timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and assurance principles.
- Experience with audit, accounting and tax software.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Manager – Ottawa”.
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.