Location: Belleville, ON – Category: Full time, permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa almost 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 200 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
The Belleville office of Welch LLP is currently seeking a fully qualified and experienced Manager – CPA, CA to join our rapidly growing practice. As a Manager – CPA, CA, the successful candidate will become actively involved in the community and will develop and foster relationships. There are six Welch LLP offices in the Quinte region, which include Belleville as well as Picton, Trenton, Napanee, Campbellford, and Tweed.
As a hands-on leader/manager, you will be challenged with increasingly important audit and accounting roles for the clients of the Belleville office. You will be challenged with the task of planning and organizing engagements to meet deadlines; recognizing, analyzing and proposing sound alternatives and conclusions; understanding our clients businesses and their needs, and training and developing junior staff. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that builds on the strengths of every employee and promotes his or her professional and personal development.
The ideal individual has an aptitude for developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and staff. You must be able to handle a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner, working on multiple assignments with a high degree of autonomy over your work and producing high quality deliverables within short deadlines.
This particular role is ideal for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and wants to gain more experience at the manager level. The unique responsibilities and opportunities afforded in this position make it a different and exciting prospect for an ambitious professional who is ready for his or her next career move.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and execute client engagements while providing exceptional client service under varying reporting frameworks, across different industries and sectors
- Planning and executing fieldwork assignments, including managing budget and resource needs
- Supervise and mentor staff, including review of files to ensure the firm’s standard of quality and accuracy is met
- Preparation and/or review corporate tax returns
- Preparation and/or review of personal tax returns
- Preparation and/or review of other tax filings
- CA, CPA designation
- A minimum completion of 5 years of experience post CPA designation
- A minimum of 5 years of assurance experience
- Corporate and personal income tax – accounting and tax experience
- 3-5 years of experience in leading, managing, and building a strong team in a public accounting environment
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and control engagements
- Demonstrates Initiative, willingness and ability to accept responsibility
- Aptitude for dealing with people in a respectful manner
- Ability to work under pressure, decisiveness, good judgment and common sense
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, propose sound alternatives and conclusions
- Ability to develop and nurture strong relationships with clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets, databases, word processing
- Ability to travel to other Welch or client offices in the Quinte region as required
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Manager- CPA, CA.”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on Belleville and the surrounding area visit: