Location: Ottawa, Ontario • Category: Full-time, Permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa almost 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 200 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Manager specializing in the area of Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) for our Ottawa office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interviewing clients, uncovering all SR&ED eligible projects
- Planning, organizing, and executing engagements on time and on budget
- Preparing all necessary technical documentation to file an SR&ED claim on behalf of the client
- Advising and supporting clients before and during any CRA technical review for SR&ED tax credit claims
- Recording all client interviews
- Gathering client support documentation as needed
- Participating in sales activities and attending business development meetings
- Assisting in preparing client presentations for proposals, planning strategies, and ideas
- Assisting in developing project work plans and scheduling associated project deliverables
- Various other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 3 years of experience writing SRED claims
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on multiple projects
- Strong client focus and orientation towards achievement
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Working knowledge of corporate income tax would be beneficial
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Manager- SR&ED”.
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.