Location: Toronto – Category: Full-time, Permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa almost 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 200 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Manager, Tax, to assist in managing a portfolio of private enterprise clients, contributing to strategic tax planning and client management initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the tax compliance needs of our clients, overseeing complex tax returns and tax provision engagements
- Participate in income tax planning engagements
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business in order to serve as a trusted business advisor
- Supervise and mentor staff, including review of tax files to ensure the firm’s standard of quality and accuracy is met
- Participate in the training of staff and where possible, ensure that staff concentrates efforts in areas that can enhance their effectiveness on the job and their professional development
- CPA, CA designation
- A minimum of 5 years of tax compliance and tax planning experience
- Completion of CPA Canada In Depth Tax Course would be an asset
- Strong technical background in Canadian income tax, including experience with corporate tax return preparation and review, tax research, and drafting letters
- Experience with Caseware and Taxprep
- Demonstrates initiative, willingness and ability to accept responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure, be decisive, exercise good judgment and common sense
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, propose sound alternatives and conclusions
- Ability to develop and nurture strong relationships with clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Manager, Tax- Toronto.”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.