Location: Belleville ON • Category: Full time, permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa almost 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally-owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for-profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP in Belleville is part of the Welch LLP Quinte Region Practice. The Quinte Region has six offices located in Belleville, Trenton, Picton, Napanee, Campbellford, and Tweed.
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Senior Staff Accountant – Audit (CPA-CA or CPA-CGA) to join our office in Belleville. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with great people and great clients in an environment that values and fosters respect, personal and professional development, and a healthy work-life balance.
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT – AUDIT (CPA-CA or CPA-CGA) – Belleville, Ontario
As a Senior Staff Accountant (Audit) within the Belleville Office, this particular role is ideal for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and wants to gain diverse experience. The unique responsibilities and opportunities afforded to this position make it a different and exciting prospect for an ambitious professional who is ready for his/hers next career move.
You will be challenged with increasingly important audit and accounting roles for the clients of the Belleville office. You will be challenged with the task of planning and organizing engagements to meet deadlines; recognizing, analyzing and proposing sound alternatives and conclusions; understanding our client’s business and their needs, and training and developing junior staff. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that builds on the strengths of every employee and promotes their professional and personal development.
The ideal individual has an aptitude for developing and maintaining good relationships with clients and staff. You must be able to handle a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner, working on multiple assignments with a high degree of autonomy over your work and producing high-quality deliverables with short deadlines.
The client base includes a variety of owner-managed incorporated and self-employment businesses, local government, agriculture, and not for profit sectors.
- Preparation of working paper files (audits, reviews, compilations); financial statements and notes; tax returns
- Assist in the planning, organizing and controlling of these engagements to meet deadlines including the effective and efficient wrap-up of the engagement.
- Recognize problems, analyze, and propose sound alternatives and conclusions
- Understand client’s business and their needs
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- Professional accounting designation (CPA-CA or CPA-CGA) or nearing completion
- 2-4 years’ working experience in public accounting is preferred
- Audit and review experience is required
- Strong communication skills, both oral & written
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, propose sound alternatives and conclusions
- Experience managing a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in an ever-changing environment
- Proven ability to plan, organize, manage conflicting deadline, and set priorities
- General business knowledge
- Working knowledge of Caseware, Profile and Microsoft Office
- Interest in business development
- Access to a vehicle is recommended and be willing to travel from the office on occasion
- Willing to work in Belleville, Ontario and occasionally assist in other Welch offices in Quinte Region as needed
- Ability to work overtime as needed to accommodate client needs
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume referencing:
Senior Staff Accountant – Belleville in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Visit the Welch LLP website to learn more about the firm: www.welchllp.com
Welch LLP is an independent member of BKR International, a global association of professional accounting firms: www.bkr.com
Belleville Office Location:
525 Dundas Street East
Belleville, ON K8N 1G4
For more information on The Quinte area: