Location: Ottawa, Ontario • Category: Full-time, permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa almost 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 200 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Bilingual Senior Staff Accountant whose primary tasks will include preparing notice to reader engagements, participating in audits, and preparing personal and corporate tax returns. The job holder will also provide guidance to junior accountants and co-op students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist supervisor with the preparation of various assurance engagement files which would include audits and reviews
- Prepare compilation engagement working paper files
- Prepare basic financial statements as part of the working paper files
- Prepare basic corporate tax returns
- Prepare personal tax returns
- Summarize client financial information in accounting packages or spreadsheets
- Supervise and mentor co-op students
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and French
- A minimum completion of a University degree with a specialization in Accounting
- A minimum of 2.5 to 3 years of experience in public accounting. Experience supporting the construction industry is an asset
- Client service orientation
- CPA, CA designation, or in process of completion
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Prior use of accounting working paper software such as Caseware/Caseview and TaxPrep
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter, resume, and most recent transcript to our recruitment partners at email@example.com with the subject line “Bilingual Senior Staff Accountant.”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.