Location: Renfrew, Ontario • Category: Full-time, Permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Senior Staff Accountant for our Renfrew office to take on increasingly important audit and accounting roles on client files in a variety of industries and business sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in preparation for notice to readers, review engagements, audits, and preparing personal and corporate tax returns
- Manage the accounting, audit and tax service needs of a portfolio of various sized private, public and not-for-profit clients across a range of industry sectors
- Manage the engagement process from initial scheduling and planning through to client review and financial statement sign off
- Provide journal entry and account reconciliation guidance to clients
- Support on the personal and corporate tax filing for many of these clients
- Discuss proposed time budgets with partners and assign engagement budgets to staff
- Assist in leading and participation in planning meetings for engagement files
- Delegate work to more junior staff and answers questions on all aspects of work
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients
Education & Experience:
- A minimum completion of University Degree with a specialization in Accounting
- CPA, CA designation obtained or close to completion
- A minimum completion of 2 years of public accounting experience
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Use of accounting working paper software such as: Caseware, Caseview, Simply Accounting and Quickbooks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; bilingualism (French) is considered a strong asset
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and control engagements
- Strong understanding of a client-focused environment including related deadlines and the ability to work to meet those deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative, and willingness and ability to accept responsibility
- Aptitude for dealing with people in a respectful manner
- Ability to work under pressure, decisiveness, good judgment and common sense
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, propose sound alternatives and conclusions
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with clients
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Renfrew Senior Staff Accountant”.
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.