Location: Ottawa, ON • Category: Full-time, Permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Senior Staff Accountant, specializing in US Tax Compliance and Advisory, to join our Ottawa team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and review complex and specialized U.S. partnerships, corporate income, and individual tax returns
- Establish and maintain effective client relationships
- Conduct special projects and tax research
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a public accounting firm
- CPA, CA designation or close to completion
- Some experience in U.S. tax is required
- Strong skills in MS Excel
- Working knowledge of tax software and research tools
- Canadian tax knowledge would be an asset
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Senior Staff Accountant- US Tax.”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.