Location: Toronto, Ontario – Category: Full-time, Permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa almost 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 200 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Senior Staff Accountant for its growing Toronto office. This particular role is ideal for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and wants to gain diverse experience. The unique responsibilities and opportunities afforded to this position make it a different and exciting prospect for an ambitious professional who is ready for his/her next career move.
You will be challenged with increasingly important audit and accounting roles for the clients of the Toronto office. You will be challenged with the task of planning and organizing engagements to meet deadlines; recognizing, analyzing and proposing sound alternatives and conclusions; understanding our client’s business and their needs, and training and developing junior staff. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that builds on the strengths of every employee and promotes their professional and personal development.
The ideal individual has an aptitude for developing and maintaining good relationships with clients and staff. You must be able to handle a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner, working on multiple assignments with a high degree of autonomy over your work and producing high-quality deliverables with short deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completion of assurance and accounting engagements, including the relevant tax filings, with dedicated resources including paperless office infrastructure.
- Overseeing junior staff on assurance and accounting engagements.
- Identifying and resolving assurance and accounting engagement issues.
- 2+ years of progressive public accounting experience with successful completion of CPA exams.
- Assurance experience is required.
- The ability to provide value-added service to our clients.
- Good technical knowledge of GAAP requirements.
- Experience with Caseware and Taxprep.
- Strong understanding of a client-focused environment including related deadlines and the ability to work to meet those deadlines.
- Sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Senior Staff Accountant – Toronto.”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.