Location: Ottawa, ON • Category: Full-time, Permanent • Job Type: Hybrid
Choose Local, Choose Welch LLP
Welch LLP is ideal for professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Welch offers its employees invaluable prospects: possibility for growth and advancement; variety to explore different career paths; opportunity to specialize and deepen skills; and flexibility of work-life balance to enjoy family and personal interests.
Grounded in a values-led culture (care, impact, empower), Welch is focused on creating a diverse and inclusive environment, nurturing women in leadership, and supporting its surrounding communities. At Welch, we know our employees are our number one asset. It is our people that enables Welch LLP to be a firm like no other.
National Firm expertise, with the value and service of a small firm
Established in 1918, Welch evolved from a single office to the largest locally-owned and operated firm in the region. With 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec, Welch LLP has deeps roots in the communities it serves. Welch ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada and continues to grow.
Headquartered in Ottawa, the key to Welch’s success is continually evolving to meet the needs of its employees, clients and the marketplace. With a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
About the Opportunity
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to join our corporate tax compliance practice. The ideal candidate would have experience with (and a passion for) corporate tax, and exceptional organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review of corporate tax compliance preparation by junior staff members
- Assist in updating/developing internal corporate tax compliance procedures and policies
- Review of corporate tax assessments
- Preparation of various tax elections
- Assist in responding to CRA pre- and post-assessment requests
- Provide assistance with CRA audits of personal tax clients
- Preparation of voluntary disclosures for corporate tax related issues
- Assist internal staff with corporate tax related questions
- Conduct tax research
- Attend relevant workshops and conferences to remain up-to-date on corporate tax issues
- Provide internal training to staff
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in corporate tax compliance
- Strong technical background in Canadian income tax, including tax research
- Experience with TaxPrep or other tax preparation programs
- Demonstrated initiative, willingness and ability to accept responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure, be decisive, exercise good judgment and common sense
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, propose sound alternatives and conclusions
- Ability to teach/present material related to corporate tax services and technical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Senior Staff Accountant, Tax Compliance.”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.