Location: Ottawa, Ontario • Category: Full-time, permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking a Staff Accountant for its Ottawa office whose primary tasks will include participating in audits and review engagements, preparing notice to reader financial statements, and working on personal and corporate tax returns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist supervisor with the preparation of various assurance engagement files which would include audits and reviews at the office or client sites
- Prepare compilation engagement working paper files
- Prepare financial statements as part of the working paper files
- Prepare corporate tax returns
- Prepare personal tax returns
- Summarize client financial information in accounting packages or spreadsheets
- Previous experience in a Staff Accountant role at a public accounting firm is considered a strong asset
- A minimum completion of a University degree with a specialization in Accounting
- Working towards fulfilling the experience requirements for the CPA designation
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong communication skills in English; bilingualism (French) is considered an asset
- Prior use of accounting working paper software such as Caseware/Caseview, Simply Accounting, and Quickbooks
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Staff Accountant”.
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.