Location: Renfrew, ON – Category: Full-time, permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa almost 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally – owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 200 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Staff Accountant in our Renfrew office whose primary tasks will include preparing notice to reader engagements, participating in audits, and preparing personal and corporate tax returns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist supervisor with the preparation of various assurance engagement files which would include audits and reviews
- Prepare compilation engagement working paper files
- Prepare basic financial statements as part of the working paper files
- Prepare basic corporate tax returns
- Prepare personal tax returns
- Summarize client financial information in accounting packages or spreadsheets
- A minimum completion of a University degree with a specialization in Accounting
- Working towards fulfilling the experience requirements required for the CPA designation
- Previous experience preparing notice to reader engagements is considered a strong asset
- Previous experience in a Staff Accountant role is considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Prior use of accounting working paper software such as Caseware/Caseview, Simply Accounting, and Quickbooks
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Staff Accountant—Renfrew.”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.