Location: Cornwall, Ontario – Category: Full-time Permanent
Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa almost 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally- owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 200 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for a Staff Accountant for our Cornwall office. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with great people and great clients, in an environment that values and fosters respect, personal and professional development, and a healthy work-life balance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of year-end files including financial statements for compilations and assurance engagements.
- Audit assignments
- Preparation of personal and corporate tax returns.
- Assist clients with various accounting and taxation issues
- CPA designation or 3 to 5 years of relevant public practice experience
- Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent organizational and client service skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Caseware and Taxprep
- Bilingualism considered an asset
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Staff Accountant”.
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.