Location: Toronto, ON • Category: Full-time, Permanent • Job Type: Hybrid
A Firm for Entrepreneurs
Welch LLP is ideal for professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Welch offers its employees invaluable prospects: possibility for growth and advancement; variety to explore different career paths; opportunity to specialize and deepen skills; and flexibility of work-life balance to enjoy family and personal interests.
Grounded in a values-led culture (care, impact, empower), Welch is focused on creating a diverse and inclusive environment, nurturing women in leadership, and supporting its surrounding communities. At Welch, we know our employees are our number one asset. It is our people that enables Welch LLP to be a firm like no other.
National Firm expertise, with the value and service of a small firm
Established in 1918, Welch evolved from a single office to 12 offices and over 300 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP has deeps roots in the communities it serves, and ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada and continues to grow.
Headquartered in Ottawa, the key to Welch’s success is continually evolving to meet the needs of its employees, clients and the marketplace. With a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for- profit organizations and public sector entities.
About the Opportunity
Welch LLP is currently looking for an experienced Staff Accountant whose primary tasks will include preparing notice to reader engagements, participating in audits, and preparing personal and corporate tax returns. This position has an optional hybrid role, allowing the successful candidate to work a combination of in-office/remote work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist supervisor with the preparation of various assurance engagement files which would include audits and reviews.
- Prepare compilation engagement working paper files.
- Prepare basic financial statements as part of the working paper files.
- Prepare basic corporate tax returns.
- Prepare personal tax returns.
- Summarize client financial information in accounting packages or spreadsheets.
- Minimum completion of a University degree with a specialization in Accounting.
- 1+ years of previous experience in a similar role in public accounting is required.
- Experience using Caseware or TaxPrep is considered a strong asset.
- Working towards fulfilling the experience requirements required for the CPA designation.
- Excellent communication skills in English; bilingualism (English and French) is a strong asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Experienced Staff Accountant – Toronto.”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.