Our privacy commitment
Welch LLP is committed to protecting our clients’ privacy. Welch LLP makes every effort to safeguard personal information and comply to Canada’s federal and provincial privacy laws. Welch LLP demonstrates that commitment by designating a Privacy Officer that is accountable for our privacy and information handling practices and our strict adherence and transparency of Welch LLP’s privacy policies and practices.
Your understanding of how to follow general privacy principles that govern how we collect, use, and disclose your personal information is important to Welch LLP.
Click on the links below for the following topics:
Personal information is any information that identifies you as an individual, for example your name, address, telephone number, email address, age, gender, marital status, health and financial information, personal views, opinions, and photos. Information related to your business title/role, business address, and business telephone number are not considered personal information.
Welch LLP collects and maintains personal information of our clients, employees and job applicants including but not limited to the following:
- Identification information such as date of birth, place of birth/residency, gender, SIN;
- Contact information such as name, address, telephone number, email address and other contact information;
- Date and place of birth/residency;
- Credit and financial information, payment information;
- Medical information;
- Employment history;
- Education and certifications;
- Family information;
- Professional memberships.
Welch LLP collects and uses necessary personal information to allow us to conduct our business, including but not limited to the following purposes:
- To provide requested services.
- To support our hiring and employment/subcontractor process.
- To collect and process payments.
- To communicate about our products and services.
- As required by law or regulatory requirements such as the Income Tax Act.
Welch LLP does not collect your personal information without your consent. When Welch LLP requests your personal information, we identify the purpose of the collection so that you are fully informed of why Welch LLP needs the information and how it will be used. If we need your information for a new purpose, we will obtain your consent again.
Welch LLP does not collect personal information of children under 18 years of age without parental or guardian consent.
Welch LLP will only collect information that is necessary for the identified purposes, and by fair and lawful means. We collect information directly from individuals unless instructed otherwise by the individual or the designate/agent. Collection from other sources may occur if permitted by law (for example where the information is publicly available).
Welch LLP does not share your personal information without consent, unless required by law, and only to the extent that is necessary. Welch LLP may engage third parties to support the delivery of our services and share personal information with them; however, they are required to provide a comparable level of privacy protection as Welch LLP does in our own privacy policies and practices.
Welch LLP does not engage nor share your information with third parties to allow them to market their own products or services.
Welch LLP protects your personal information in the following ways:
- Implementing physical, administrative and technological measures to prevent theft or unauthorized access, use, copying, modification, or disposal.
- Additional measures to supplement 24/7 building security such as surveillance cameras on entry/exit locations in our offices to prevent against theft/unauthorized physical access.
- Restricted file access to personal information.
- Internal security policies and practices.
- Secure destruction of your information when it is no longer needed or required by law.
- Extensive employee training including training and awareness for any subcontractors or third-parties that work with us to provide services.
Welch LLP will keep your information for as long as required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, and as required by law. Personal information that is no longer required will be destroyed by proper secure destruction methods such as secure paper shredding or permanent deletion of electronic files.
Your personal information is stored on servers in Canada through service providers who do not have authorization to access your information. They are bound by the terms of the Welch LLP privacy policies in the protection of personal information.
If you have signed up to receive Welch LLP’s newsletters, you always have the choice to unsubscribe to receive future emails. Simply click on unsubscribe in the communication and you will no longer receive communications from Welch LLP.
You can withdraw your consent to use information Welch LLP has collected from you.
You can request access to your personal information that has been collected by Welch LLP to ensure that is accurate and to make corrections.
Welch LLP makes every effort to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Welch LLP expects that individuals who provide us with their personal information ensure that they also provide us with updates as necessary.
You have a right to reasonable access of the personal information Welch LLP holds on you and an opportunity to correct/update your personal information by submitting a written request to our Privacy Officer (see below). We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Welch LLP may not be able to complete your request where disclosure is unauthorized by law, or where it would result in the disclosure of personal information of others.
123 Slater Street, Suite 300
Ottawa, ON K1P 5H2